Corrosion / RBI Engineer
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to;
- Proactively support management of all activities impacting Technical Integrity from corrosion related matters.
- Prepare and update all Asset Corrosion Control Schemes, matrices and Risk-Based Assessments and supporting documents.
- Support the implementation of the Asset Integrity Management Strategy.
- Ensure Written Schemes of Examination / Risk-Based Inspection Schemes are developed and in place and are actively managed.
- Provide technical support to Inspection Engineers in preparation of inspection workscopes.
- Support the asset integrity team in the review of Inspection findings and assess the impact of corrosion degradation taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Participate in the investigation and research of In-Service failures, make recommendations and support close-out of actions raised to prevent recurrence.
- Support and proactively assist in the definition of specifications and requirements for Material Selection and Management of Change (MoC) to optimise plant performance.
- Support and present periodic update of Integrity Risk Based Assessments.
- Provide technical support to client as required.
- Attend Asset Meetings and appraise installation management of integrity status and threats to integrity / emergent hazards.
- Provide early warning of emergent hazards and threats to safe operation of the installation.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Engineering, with a Corrosion bias.
- Engineering or science-based honours degree.
- Working towards Chartered Engineer (CEng) with a relevant Engineering Institute (preferred).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- This position is suitable for full or part time, hybrid working or can be fully remote with occasional travel to our office in Aberdeenshire, dependant on candidates experience and suitability.
Candidates must be eligible to work within the UK.
As well as working within a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation, the successful candidate will enjoy continued career development and an excellent remuneration package.