Corrosion / RBI Engineers or Senior Corrosion Engineers
Due to the growing demand, we have immediate vacancies for Corrosion / RBI Engineers or Senior Corrosion Engineers to be based at our offices in Blackburn, Aberdeenshire.
Consideration will also be given to those wishing to work a hybrid or remote working pattern.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to;
- Advise and assist with respect to all activities impacting Technical Integrity from corrosion related matters.
- Prepare and update all Asset Corrosion Control Schemes, matrices and Risk-Based Assessments and supporting documents.
- Support the implementation of the Asset Integrity Management Strategy.
- Support the Senior Integrity Principal Corrosion Engineer to Ensure Written Schemes of Examination / Risk-Based Inspection Schemes are developed and in place and are actively managed
- Provide technical assistance to Inspection Engineers in preparation of inspection workscopes.
- Provide interface with Asset Planning Team and other disciplines to ensure planning and scheduling of corrosion related activities.
- Support the Principal Corrosion Engineer in the review of Inspection findings and assess the impact of corrosion degradation taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Participate in the investigation and research of In-Service failures and support close-out of actions raised to prevent recurrence.
- Support and proactively assist in the definition of specifications and requirements for Material Selection and Management of Change (MoC) to improve plant performance.
- Support and present periodic update of Integrity Risk Based Assessments.
- Support the Senior Integrity Engineer to provide technical support to Asset as required.
- Attend Asset Meetings and appraise installation management of integrity status and threats to integrity / emergent hazards. Also, to provide early warning of emergent hazards and threats to safe operation of the installation.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Engineering, with a Corrosion bias OR a graduate with an MSc in Corrosion Engineering.
- Engineering or science-based honours degree.
- Anomaly management experience a bonus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel offshore if / when required.
Candidates must be eligible to work within the UK.
As well as working within a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation, the successful candidate will enjoy continued career development and an excellent remuneration package.