Corrosion Engineer / Graduate Corrosion Engineer
As a result of PIM’s continuing success and expansion, we are looking for a Corrosion/RBI Engineer with 3-4 years experience, or a Graduate with an MSc in Corrosion Engineering, to be based at our office in Blackburn, Aberdeenshire.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to;
- Advise and assist with respect to all activities impacting Technical Integrity from corrosion related matters.
- Prepare and update all Asset Corrosion Control Schemes, matrices and Risk-Based Assessments and supporting documents.
- Support the implementation of the Asset Integrity Management Strategy.
- Support the Senior Integrity / Principal Corrosion Engineer to ensure Written Schemes of Examination / Risk-Based Inspection Schemes are developed and in place and are actively managed.
- Provide technical support to Inspection Engineers in preparation of inspection workscopes.
- Support the Principal Corrosion Engineer in the review of Inspection findings and assess the impact of corrosion degradation taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Participate in the investigation and research of In-Service failures and support close-out of actions raised to prevent recurrence.
- Support and present periodic update of Integrity Risk Based Assessments.
- Attend Asset Meetings and appraise installation management of integrity status and threats to integrity / emergent hazards. Also, to provide early warning of emergent hazards and threats to safe operation of the installation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Engineering or science-based Honours degree with a minimum of 3 years experience in Engineering, with a Corrosion bias OR a graduate with an MSc in Corrosion Engineering
- Self-motivated team player with a good work ethic and desire to work within a people-focussed culture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Anomaly management experience a bonus.
Candidates must be eligible to work within the UK.
As well as working within a dynamic and forward thinking organisation, the successful candidate will enjoy continued career development and an excellent remuneration package.