As a result of PIM's continuing success and expansion, we are looking for a Structural Engineer to be based at our office in Blackburn, Aberdeenshire.
MAIN DUTIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE;
- Define and implement Structural Integrity Management best practice policies and procedures.
- Define, implement and manage the Client’s Structural Integrity Management Strategy / Manual, (Risk Based Inspection [RBI], Planned Maintenance Routines [PMRs], etc.) including:
- Philosophy to address the strategic management of the integrity of structures in late life.
- The development of 5 year / 10 year structural inspection plans.
- Own and ensure the Structural Integrity Management Databases are maintained and up-to-date.
- Provide expertise to support the client in the development and maintenance of the Client’s strategies and procedures employed to assess structural integrity degradation mechanisms.
- Support development and maintenance of KPIs to measure effectiveness of Structural Integrity Management across Client’s assets.
- Develop and maintain Structural Risk Assessment documentation for input to Structural RBI Schemes and Planned Maintenance Routines (PMRs).
- Interface with Inspection, Integrity and Corrosion Engineers, as necessary, in the preparation of Structural RBI and PMRs.
- Prepare and present Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Structural Integrity Reviews for all onshore, offshore topsides and subsea assets.
- Maintain Asset Structural Degradation Mitigation Policies.
- Interpret complex structural monitoring results, proactively identify potential failure mechanisms, recommend and plan remedial activities with a view to minimising disruption to plant and systems.
- Implement authoritative review process across all Client’s assets and provide assistance and direction in the review process.
- Recommend the use of new technologies to increase reliability and efficiency.
- Provide key technical discipline input to the PIM digitisation and technology strategy.
- Drive improvement of existing structural management strategies.
- Assist Client’s engineering teams in Corrosion Risk Assessment and Reporting.
- In consultation with Client’s Technical Authorities and discipline Engineers, develop prioritised Risk Based Inspection plans aligned with identified structural degradation mechanisms.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Incorporated Engineer or equivalent qualifications and demonstrable experience in the field of Structural Engineering, Naval Architecture or equivalent.
- Accredited Bachelors or Honours degree in Engineering or technology, or equivalent.
- 5+ Years of demonstrable experience in Structural Engineering, Naval Architecture, or equivalent.
Candidates must be eligible to work within the UK.
As well as working within a dynamic and forward thinking organisation, the successful candidate will enjoy continued career development and an excellent remuneration package.